Tuesday 3 September 2013

Torturing myself

"Shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist" Unknown
 
 
It must be really bad that into my 9th month of not shopping & I am still finding clothes in my wardrobe that I haven't worn this year. These trousers for example.  Completely forgot I had them and they are so perfect for work.  They are a nice smart trouser but still quite funky.  They are a jodphur style & would look so nice with a flat black knee high leather boot for Winter.  If only I had a pair.
 
Life is non stop at the minute.  I love when I am busy but this is taking the biscuit. I just seem to have something on every single night.  Last Thursday night I was invited to Mexx Party night in their flagship store in Belfast.  They had models showcasing the latest autumn hair and make-up looks from YSL and Hedonist Hair. The lovely Mexx team which included the fab Alison Paul chatted to us about the must-have pieces for the season with prosecco being served throughout the night.  I was a bore though as I had a sprite.

 
It is always torture going to these events for me.  Because they are showing you absolutely gorgeous pieces of new season stock.  I completely fell in love with a dress that one of the staff was wearing. It just looks like such a nice party dress especially coming up to Xmas, it would be lovely just to have for those dinner dates or nights out.
 
 

I am currently holding viewings for a room in my flat and one of the girls who came over last night asked what I did & I explained my job & then went on to explain about the blog.  She actually gasped & put her hands over her mouth when I said I wasn't shopping for a year.  Yes, would you like to move into a house with a crazy person who will prob go through your wardrobe and steal things the minute you move in.  The great thing about the blog is that it has introduced me to brands such as Mexx.  In a year my style has changed dramatically and it going to be fun to explore it when I am able to shop again.  I love the playful prints & the cute mini skirts that Mexx have in store at the minute.  With everything laid out in easy to find sections of the store; one side casual, one side metro style, I will definitely be standing on the doors of Mexx Belfast on the 1st of January.




4 comments:

  1. love the pattern on the Mexx dress!

    thefashionlopedia.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's gorgeous isn't it Rebecca? Such a nice dress that you can wear from day to evening x

      Delete
  2. Love the colour of your Zara blouse. I nominated your blog in my recent Liebstar Award post http://lifeoflala.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/the-liebster-blog-award-11-blogs-to-check-out/
    Lisa (Lala) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lisa! That's amazing, appreciate it xx

      Delete