Wednesday 25 September 2013

Down and Dirty

"I realized this week that I just cannot do it all. So I will choose to do what I can fabulously." Clinton Kelly
 
 
How is time passing so quickly lately? It's October next week! I have literally not bought clothes for the last 9months! Just October, November and December left and that's me. Finished this silly challenge.  It's not silly really.  I love this look that I am wearing today and I don't think I ever would have been able to piece this together last year.  Oh don't get me wrong, I would love new stuff. Black ankle boots. Nice ones, not too big a heel but still stylish enough to dress them up or down. Technically this skirt is new, well my mum didn't want it anymore so I took it off the charity pile that she leaves in my bedroom up room.  I can be seen as charity really. I have no idea where she bought it, I think a tiny boutique in Italy.  Who knows, it's mine now.  Insert evil laugh.
 
This last week, I have just been trying to sort my life out.  At the start of the summer I set a long list of goals that I wanted to do and I am slowly but surely achieving them.  Exciting things like resealing my bath, repainting the kitchen roof, clearing out my store room.  All very very exciting stuff. I have a new housemate moving in this weekend so I am trying to tie all lose ends up. Shout out to my mummy who I forced to help me last weekend with the cleaning of my bathroom. Wee legend and the bathroom looks brand new.

 
 
Before I got down and dirty over the weekend, I went to the Directory 14 Catwalk event on Thursday night but my lovely fellow blogger Gemma Louise Bond.  Events like this annoy me now. Oh don't great me wrong it was a great event.  It was a catwalk geared towards you.  No models on the catwalk that you think, aw I could never wear that, she looks great in it with her model figure & the fact she is 7ft and has legs as long as spaghetti.  This is coming out wrong.  The models were gorgeous but they ranged in age, size and represented the majority of society.  Young models, plus size models, older models, size 8 to size 18.  It was get to see variety on a catwalk.  It was more commercial.  But I hate events like this now.  May sound sad but it's the pressure of what to wear.  Wearing something new always take the edge of it but I of course, don't have anything new so I am trying to think up ways to my smelly old clothes.
It's like I feel people are looking at me going, there is that blogger Laurina, what the hell is she wearing?!? Though these events are also fun because I get to play around more with my clothes and experiment more which is something I have always been too scared to do.  Take a look at my photos, I rarely do anything with my hair but for this event I tried the slicked back look.  I loved it, my family made some funny comments about the fact that it just looked normal & like I hadn't washed my hair as usual.  Fair comments.  I am a bit minging. I then took a cotton stretch top that I use for layering and tucked it in half & into my bra so it wouldn't fall down.  Ta da!!! My very own crop top.  Totes on trend.  Then paired it with a black pencil skirt.  I had a good tummy day so was happy to show a bit of skin. Loved this look.  Ignore my grumpy bake, I was trying to be fierce. I failed.


Starting to come into catwalk season, I am doing a catwalk for Cruise tomorrow night so lots of backstage photos to come from that.  Then I will blogging from the Victoria Square A/W Fashion and Beauty Spectacular. Lots of backstage craic and photos of the gorgeous clothes that the fab Rebecca McKinney will be styling. Can't wait! I promise to have cleaned my nails by then.

13 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful!! Love your make up and outfit!!

    Robe de cocktail violette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last look is amazing! Great job!!
    http://frecklesbynina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Kors WalletsYour blog looks very stylish , quite personality and personal characteristics , in line with contemporary trends, it is worth learning and reference , I will always focus on your blog .

    http: //www. michaelkorsbagcheap. com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. michael kors handbags clearance Your blog looks very stylish , quite personality and personal characteristics , in line with contemporary trends, it is worth learning and reference , I will always focus on your blog .


    http://www. michaelkorsbagsalecode. com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. michael kors handbags clearanceYour blog looks very stylish , quite personality and personal characteristics , in line with contemporary trends, it is worth learning and reference , I will always focus on your blog .

    http: //www. michaelkorsbagcheap. com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cruise clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    This is the very good idea! Just want to say thank you for information, Just continue to the write such a position.

    breast lift tape

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the post and will stay tuned for the backstage pictures, that are coming!

    Love x

    Have a look at our giveaway:
    http://insidefruits.co.uk/insidefruits-ready-for-spring-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you start blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.fleshandhide.com

    Fashion Leather Jackets | Celebrity Leather Jackets | Sheep Leather Jackets are Available
    at Fleshandhide.com , leather jackets uk leather jackets usa quality leather jackets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post you have published . A lot of thanks for sharing . Image Masking Service | Photo Cut Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so grateful for your article.Thanks Again. Really Cool

    ReplyDelete