Wednesday 18 September 2013

Day out with Niall

"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it feels like an hour.  Spend an hour with a pretty girl and it feels like a minute." Albert Einstein
 
 



I seem to be dressing recently as if I am going to a funeral.  Last week a Priest and this week a schoolgirl heading to a funeral.  I love the Back to school look at that is featuring in magazines at the moment.  I wanted a pinafore for my birthday but I knew that it wouldn't be a timeless piece that I could wear over and over again with anything throughout the rest of the year so it got taken off my wish list.

  
As I mentioned last week, I got to spend my weekend up home.  On Saturday I spent the day in Derry/Londonderry at the Culture Tech on Behalf of Foyleside.  Check out my lovely outfit that Foyleside Shopping Centre gifted me.  Full outfit was bought for under £50 in their new amazing H&M store.  So myself and the 2 other bloggers, Gemma Louise from That Belfast Girl and Caroline from The Red Dutchess basically got to spend the day having a little gaunt about Derry. 
 
The day started off with no make up on and my sunglasses fully on sitting at Coleraine Train station at half 8 on a Saturday morning.  The people of Coleraine were probably like who does this eejit think she is. Thank God for the new cafĂ©, "Ground" in the train station, it literally saved my life due to the fact I do not function at all that early. They didn't have that back in my day!!! Green Tea and a scone brought me to life while curled up on my seat as the wonderful Translink sped me towards Derry.  That train journey to Derry is one of the nicest journeys there is.  The view is amazing.
 
Once in Derry, our first stop was to the Light Bulb Photography workshop.  This workshop was great especially for us budding bloggers as it was all about using your mobile phone for taking amazing photos.  John Deery who took the class was full of useful tips and advice for taking great photos.  Check out my photo framed below! I actually took that! And with my phone!  One of the points was to always remember your background, so apologies for all the bras, unmade beds and random pillows over my floor in the background of my OOTD photos. My photos are going to be amazing from now on!!! All thanks to John!
 
 
The rest of the day was spent bouncing all over the city.  We went to Lunch at Custom House Square, popped into Foyleside where they had gamers on computers playing minecraft.  If you don't know what minecraft is, ask your little brothers or cousins.  My brother is 9years old and loves this game.  They also had this strange Cats of Instagram video and a music centre where you could make a song by using your body movements.
 
The best part of the day was when we acquired a mascot. My little sister Carla did amazing in her GSCE results and I hadn't gotten round to getting her a Well Done present yet.  Other than clothes I didn't know what to get her.  Then I walked past a party shop in Derry and seen the best present ever.  A giant lifesize Niall Horan from One Direction.
 
 
Niall was just the icing on the cake.  What a day! It was so nice to get out to Derry and experience the City of Culture.  The buzz in the city this year is amazing and everyone seems to be involved. Loved spending my day with my gals and chatting about the blogging world. Definitely will be back for future events and to hit Foyleside when I can buy clothes again!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment