Thursday 8 August 2013

Overstyling

“You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style...”   J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


 
To me, this is the perfect dress on me. 3/4 sleeve, high neck line to not show to much skinnyness, nipped in a waist to show off my waist and skater dress bottom to give the idea that I have a wee bit of shape.
 
Now I have worn this dress a couple of times through out the year and I simply don't have the heart to change the styling of it.  I know the main reason behind this crazy year of not shopping is to try and let my creativity flow, to styles clothes in way I never have before.  But in my opinion, you can over style clothes in trying to be different or trying to be unique.  I love this dress, just the way it is so why would I change it. However, here are just some ideas
 
Options for restyling:
  • Add Layers to the dress: A navy jumper would look lovely over top or even a denim shirt left open
  • Add a thick belt: I did try a thicker belt this morning, it looked ok but I preferred the brown belt
  • Add different shoe: I always wear my brogues with this dress but it would be nice to wear danty heels & wear it out to dinner.
  • Jewellery: A nice short necklace would be nice
 
Any other ideas, let me know

2 comments:

  1. I always throw jumpers over my dresses and wear them during winter with tights etc. I'd also try putting a tutu underneath and giving the skirt volume! I looove the concept of your blog, I wish I had the balls to do it myself haha!
    http://www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Laura, I never thought of a tutu! I actually think I have one from Halloween a few years ago, that actually would look great under a skater skirt. Would def put a new spin to an oufit! thanks for the idea! xx

    ReplyDelete