Wednesday 29 May 2013

Work hard, play hard




 
"Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it has even begun"  Catherine McCormack          
                                         
 
 
Playing catch up, so many blog posts, so little time.  Even when I am off from my 9-5 job I am working!  Over the bank holiday weekend, I took part in a Catwalk for Abbeycentre Summer Essentials.  Great catwalk to take part in but you know when you have one of those days when nothing is going well. Your make up is just sitting on the top of your skin, your hair can't be tamed and people are trying to take pictures of you in these fab clothes and they are getting your worse angle every time??? No? Well I was having one of these days. Facepalm. At this point I just want to get to the sun on Saturday and pray that it magically makes everything better again.  Abbey centre is a maze of a shopping centre! We had to do a parade before each catwalk which let us have a nosey walking past all the shops. Primark, Topshop, River Island, Burton, Next, Monsoon. You name it, it has it.  It really is a one stop shop for all your summer esentials.  Head Honcho of the FABB for Northern Ireland and founder of Sugahfix, Katrina Doran was helping to explain summer styles/outfits for all shapes and sizes of lushious ladies inbetween shows.  Fab idea by the team at the Abbey Centre in Newtownabbey, hopefully they will have a winter catwalk as well and I will be on form!
 


 
 

I spent my lovely bank holiday weekend up home in the magically place that is Coleraine rubbing it in my family's face that I was going to Florida for 2 weeks soon. My 9 year old little brother and 11 year little sister were not impressed. Aw well, not my fault I am going!!! Just simply informing them of my day to day life. So obviously I am going away for my summer holidays and yet I can't buy anything but I can borrow things.  I am very organised and as usual, I am already packed so my mum couldn't understand why I didn't want to raid her wardrobe and take all her summer stuff as I must be bored with my wardrobe.  But I am taking away pieces that I haven't been wearing as the weather has been so bad.  Shorts, skirts, string tops, vest, maxi dresses, maxi skirts, you name it if I haven't worn it I am bringing it to America.  Granted I did steal a maxi dress from my mum and black shorts from my other little sister that she hasn't even taken the label off!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment