Friday 10 May 2013

The many uses of a watering can



"Some hats can only be worn if you are willing to be jaunty, to set them at an angle and to walk beneath them with a spring in their stride as if you're only a step away from dancing.  They demand a lot from you." Neil Gaiman
 
 
 
Everyone knows I love Ikea.  When I was a student, I got excited for my loan coming in not to go spend it on clothes but to go spend it at Ikea.  So last night I was invited to the launch of Ikea's new Outdoor Living Collection on the rooftop of the Merchant.  I was meant to go to yoga at 7pm but I got distracted by the gorgeous BBQ that the merchant put on for us. I did actually try to dress for yoga too, you may be like how can you do yoga in high heels? Well the knee leggings are actually my yoga pants & I had a black string vest underneath! Girl on go, dressing for all occasion.  My handbag even had pumps & face wipes in it! Hope you like my watering can hat too!!
 

IKEA PS Chairs
 
 
I have said it before but my house is like an Ikea showroom. Ikea had completely decked the merchant rooftop out in fab Ikea Summer furniture and upon walking in, I was like oh I have that, and that and that.......wait I haven't got this! Oh my God, I want!!!! Ikea has helped with my internal struggle for this challenge, if I have a feeling of wanting to buy clothes, I have just went to Ikea instead!
 
 
FALSTER Series
 
I always love going into Ikea and seeing how they have everything set out. And last night was great to help to inspire everyone on how to revitalise and transform their outdoor living space in time for summer.  But if you are like me and wouldn't really have random lemons sitting in a bowl in your garden as lovely an idea as that is, I have included some pictures of my own outdoor space kitted out in all Ikea furniture.  I have had this Ikea furniture for a couple of years now so just goes to show you it has lasted.  My balcony was basically a concrete slab that I never used.  It stayed like that for a couple of years then I decided I wanted to do something with it.  I think it shows you perfectly that with Ikea furniture you can easily transform a outdoor space in a simple, achievable and affordable way. Can't wait till the summer days start (when will that be?!?) so I can start using it again.


         
Ikea PS VAGO easy chair
 
 
The IKEA outdoor living range is available in-store and online at Ikea Online




 



No comments:

Post a Comment