Monday 20 May 2013

Back to the grind

"Work is a necessary evil to be avoided" Mark Twain

 
 
So back to work today and I am already looking at my diary and thinking wow, when will it be the weekend so I can put my feet up again? My suitcase is lying all the way across my room with half of the contents on the floor. I always look forward to unpacking when I get to my the destination but why is it you can never be bothered unpacking when you are home??
 
 
One thing I noticed when I was away, as much as I tried to wear colour, I had it always paired with white or black or even grey.  I never wear all colour so this week I am going to try and wear as much colour as possible. I have never pieced things like this together. The weather is so annoying.  I wish it would make it's mind up! Is it summer? Is it winter? It is on that inbetween stage where it is cold but warm. I thought this was a good combo given that I had a heavy knit on top and bare practically see through chicken legs on bottom.  It didn't really work as when I was walking to work this morning, I was roasting and sweating on top of my body and nice and breezy on bottom!
 
 
 
 
Thanks to CastleCourt for sending me essentials for Florida! Castlecourt shopping centre in the heart of Belfast are promoting Sun safety this summer! This is an issue close to my heart. I have moles (I have one massive mole on my bum which I call my crap-on-mole as it looks like a piece of crap I haven't wiped off) and thus I have never been on a sunbed in my life.  Yes, I tan on holidays but I always wear a high factor and have a 50 SPF factor to put on my moles.  My mum has always drilled into me that you need to take care of your skin.  My reply is always yes mum, no problem mum.  Standard daughter reply but her nagging or gentle encouragement as she would call it paid off when my step dad had a mole that changed shape. She made him or gently encouraged him to get it checked out and it was confirmed as skin cancer but they had caught it so early that he just needed an operation to remove the mole.  He is fine now, extra extra careful in the sun but it was a wake up call for me.  So please be careful this summer! And don't do sunbeds!!! 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. jjajaja to know I'm in love with your idea! We got along four months, and costs much, from here we will show our support. And you have an amazing style!
    xoxo

    http://fashionbohem.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/blazer.html

    ReplyDelete