Tuesday 12 March 2013

Blinding lights

“I think it pisses God off if you walk by the colour purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.” Alice Walker, The Colour Purple



Over the last few weeks, I have done a few interviews for local magazines and newspaper and one question I was asked repeatedly was "which spring/summer trend am I looking forward to wearing?" All of them! I love the monochrome, the flower prints, leather, 90's, all white and finally neon.

Now all of these I can easily say that I have bits and pieces in my wardrobe that I can attempt to replicate each of these trends. The only one that I thought that I wouldn't have anything of was of course neon. So diving into my wardrobe and I am surprised. I am a very plain Jane dresser, not too many over the top whacky prints, some colour but mostly black, white, red and that's it. Or so I thought. I found neon colours!! Tops, play suits, jackets, skirts. Boom! Sometimes I even surprise myself. The above photo is my take on the spring/summer trend of neon!  I had seen this look on Pinterest and loved it. However after taking these photos, I did think I was a bit too casual for work.  Granted we aren't selling at the minute and I am repricing the samples and tidying but still, I thought it was too laid back.  It's the difference between a yellow blazer and a yellow hoodie/jacket that I have.  Hence why I am wearing two different pairs of shoes.  I changed from converse to lace boots with a heel to make it more work friendly.

But say if I could buy neon things, what would my key pieces be for this season???


I love this sundress from Asos. Link here : Asos Cut out Sundress Perfect for throwing on after lounging on a beach all day. *sigh*

I love these, I want this. They would be perfect with jeans or a grey skirt. Zara Vamp electric blue heel

Orange you say?!? I saw this and was like hmmmm I don't know if I would wear this but teamed with a white shirt to cool it down or a denim shirt I def think it could work.  That's the great thing about this challenge, I am definately trying more looks that I would have been have been scared to do before. Topshop Orange Skater Skirt

You know what I just realised?!? I can buy nail polishes!!! Neon nail polishes! Haha I feel like I have cheated my own system!

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Kate Upton? Gorgeous! Love your jeans too :)
    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog
    I have a rosesandclementines.com GIVEAWAY! Win ROSE CROWN. i hope you enter, dont miss this opportunity

    http://rachaeldobbins.blogspot.co.uk/


    Rachael

    xxx

    ReplyDelete