Friday 8 February 2013

The fear


"Alcohol is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” Benjamin Franklin


 

It is lunch time on a Friday afternoon and I have the FEAR.  It is my best friend's birthday tonight, the gorgeous Miss Zoe J Watson (you may know her as the grumpy face, f**k me boot wearing PR manager of Rain Nightclub but to me, she's the Ron Weasley to my Harry Potter).  Oh I am scared, you ever get that feeling where you know it is going to be a good night but there is going to be a lot of drinking as well. I have nothing planned tomorrow on purpose.  Now I will be the first one to admit, I am a light weight.  I am not the biggest drinker,  never have been and probably never will be.  I don't even think I have been properly tipsy this year yet, I have had a few West Coast Cooler but none of the hard liquor of Apple Sours yet.




Here, we are! Zoe, Miss Jenny Curran and me! The best friends anyone could ask for. We bonded during Miss Northern Ireland 2009 were we drew penises on Jenny's chicken fillets so it would transfer on to her skin during bikini rehearsal. Those were the days! We lived together for 2 years and have now sadly went our separate ways. I can't remember the last time we had drinks together! It's going to be a mad one!






Speaking of mad, Jenny Curran is mad. That's the only way to describe her. I love her to pieces but she is mad. She gives her everything to anything she is involved with. Queen Journo for the Sunday World, she sets herself challenges and writes about them. I've seen her become a female bodybuilder in 6 months, bake for the whole of Belfast and wing walk. Zoe & I think she should call her 1st child Charity as it would be very fitting.

Less than 6 months ago, Action Cancer set Jenny the challenge of turning £1000 into £7000 anyway that she wanted. She opened "Jenny's Baps" a quirky cafe on the Lisburn Road for a week. She baked everything herself, we all pulled shifts in the cafe and thanks to the generous donations of customers and people who donated milk, fridges, furniture; Jenny made an amazing amount of money but she's not quite there yet.

Shove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras or simply Pancake Tuesday is coming this Tuesday the 12th of February. And guess what, her baps are turning to pancakes.  Jenny will be opening her legs, sorry I mean doors to people and baking pancakes for all!! Everyone knows the Wellie Park Hotel beside the Bot and Eg on the Malone Road. Many of us, including me has visited the chippy just outside it late on a Wednesday night but Jenny is taking over this and selling Pancakes for all who passes this coming Tuesday! Get down and get a Pancake, open all day!!! I'm a plain & simple kinda girl so I have already ordered sugar and lemon one.

I might get Jenny to practice on me & zoe tomorrow morning and in turn help cure the hungover that I know I will have.  Question now is, what the hell am I going to wear?  I'm thinking a possible leather dress from zara that my mum got me for Christmas that still has the tags on it! You see, this not buying clothes is easy!!! Happy weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment