Wednesday 13 February 2013

New Eyes


"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust



You know that feeling when you are so busy that you look at the date and you are like how the heck did I get here???  I did that this morning.  13th of February,  how did it get to this date?  How did it all of a sudden become 2013? In my mind I am still lazing on the sofa on a Saturday afternoon in my pyjamas during summer 2012. I feel like I am constantly playing catch up.  Catch up with my blog, catch up wit my friends (in the sense of hey! I haven't seen you in ages, we need a catch up!) to catch up with my life.  The massive pile of dirty laundry in my utility room is calling my name.

I am loving doing the blog though. As I said when I started this I wanted to do a fashion/style blog for a while now.  I actually started one, posted up one post then my mind went completely blank.  Didn't know what else to write and I didn't have the confidence to post another one, I just assumed that no one rarely cared what I thought.  I still think this but I'm basically sticking my middle finger up to my nerves & going with the flow.  The no buying clothes for a year is basically a challenge for me but it was also a wee sneaky PR stunt to get your attention (I did PR at Uni so please excuse that naughty tactic).  I wanted people to read the blog and be like hey what is this crazy girl doing, then fall in love with it & empathise with it and hopefully come back to read it again and again.  Well that and my spending on clothes was getting a absolute joke.

I am re falling in love with my wardrobe and fashion in general.  I am dressing better than I ever have as I am taking the time to have a good look at what is in my wardrobe.  I am putting items together that haven't seen the light of days for ages and I am loving what I am doing and how I am feeling.  I am not promoting to anyone that you shouldn't buy clothes for a year, I mean you must be crazy to do that!! But I want to promote a smarter shopping world.  I was buying clothes for the sake of it.  I bought this gorgeous sequin top from Asos in September of last year (here it is if you want a nosey Asos sequin top), I loved it and snapped it up the minute that I saw it.  Now I still haven't worn it, please someone invite me to something where I can wear it!!!! All girls have said, OMG I have nothing to wear before a night out.  That translated is basically OMG, I have nothing new to wear.  But you don't need something new.  You just need new eyes.

My above photo,  if you are an avid follower of my blog, you might recognise that I wore this jumper last week?  It's ok, I won't judge if you don't pay that much attention to the photos and are like what is she talking about. However, it looks a completely different jumper with a dress than it does with a shirt and skinnies doesn't it? I hear your yes's through the computer screen. Thus, my point is proven and my work here is done.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and as a fellow PRo I think your tactic was genius! I do struggle to empathise with you in that I own a small bundle of clothes and you seem on a very different social scale to me BUT I recognise that everyone's challenge is personal to them so it's probably hard for you. Next year you're welcome to work with my wardrobe as a challenge (I own 3 pairs of jeans, 1 dress and only 5 pairs of shoes!) but I am a serious case. That is why I particularly like your ideas on how to restyle the same pieces so I hope you continue with the blog :) Leanne

    ReplyDelete