Wednesday 23 January 2013

World Peace

I'm just an average woman with average concerns. I don't believe in proving a point to anybody. Nobody is that important. Life will take its toll on all of us. We get injured, we get old. It's really sad to try to run away from these harsh realities of life. Looks are not everything. I am not going to look beautiful all the time.

Aishwarya, Miss World 1994



I did the walk of shame this morning, well it was more the drive of shame.  Went to see Connor last night at his house and unexpectedly, well I should have guessed really, I stayed over.  Why is it when you do the walk of shame your boyfriend's clothes are more comfortable to go home in?

I'm telling you this so that tomorrow you will be impressed with the glamorous transformation I will go through!  Nearly 4 years ago (aw that is scary!!!) I was a finalist in the Miss Northern Ireland competition. I was Miss Antrim to be precise.  The competition changed my life to be honest.  It gave me a confidence boost, it was great fun and I met my 2 best friends.  If anyone is reading this and is thinking of entering, please do.  I didn't get placed in the final but the opportunities that the Miss Northern Ireland competition gave me and the fun I had at the Europa over the competition weekend are unprecedented.  Run by the legendary Alison Campbell, there are heats all over Northern Ireland. Check out the website Miss Northern Ireland or call the lovely ladies in the office on 028 90 809 80.  They like chocolate and gossip if you want to get in their good side!!


So what am I going to wear?

That age old question that all females ask & men look at them blankly.  Of course, I'll just go buy something.....NOT.  You would assume that I must have something to wear (I'm sure I prob do) but when you go to these types of events where you are surrounded by 26 drop dead gorgeous models some of which have gone on to represent Northern Ireland at Miss World, you kinda want to look your best.  So standing infront of my wardrobe last night, so many questions were running through my mind...dress or skirt? what colour? Have I got a sleeved dress as it is freezing outside at the minute? oooohh can I get away with tights??  I couldn't answer any of these so instead I went to McDonalds. So I have no idea what to wear, I do however have a couple of options in my head.  But I am also working tomorrow so I can't be too glam as I have to work in this outfit afterwards. Oh what to wear, what to wear!!!It's time like these that I am finding it hard not to go on to ASOS or in to town to buy something! But no! I am a strong willed woman!

I'm going to be taking loads of photos tomorrow of the girls and what everyone is wearing so tune in for the next post!! Everyone loves to have a perve at some gorgeous beauty queens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment